When it comes to Irish coffee, we all know the main ingredient, of course being the coffee, is essential. Although the whiskey might bring out the wee bit o’ Irish in all of us, without the coffee, you might as well be at a pub shootin’ back shots.
Today, we’re sharing our recipe for the most flavorful Irish coffee you’ll ever drink! The secret being our freshly roasted whiskey flavored coffee, we like to call “Whiskey No. 7”. A smooth blend of Brazilian, Colombian, Guatemalan and Ugandan arabica coffee beans – with flavor notes of smooth, smoky, cherry-like whiskey.
Enjoy our simple recipe below, and make sure to drink responsibly!
- Boiling water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 6 oz hot brewed Whiskey No. 7 – medium roast coffee
- 1.5 oz whiskey (preferably Irish)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (sprinkled on top - optional)
- Brew up one full cup of our Whiskey No. 7 medium roast coffee.
- While your coffee brews, fill a glass mug with boiling water to warm through. This prevents losing heat from the coffee.
- Dump out the hot water and add brown sugar, hot coffee and whiskey into the glass. Stir to combine.
- Shake or vigorously stir heavy cream. Do NOT whip - the idea is to have frothy cream, not whipped stiff peaks.
- Gently float the cream on top of the coffee, pouring over the backside of a spoon. Do NOT stir cream into coffee.
- Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the cream.
Side Notes: Our Whiskey No. 7 coffee is NON-ALCOHOLIC and does not contain any alcohol. Use a coarse coffee grind to provide ultimate flavor. Shake heavy cream in a closed jar to allow frothy latte-like texture. It is ok for the cream to be cool.
Let us know what you think of our flavorful Irish coffee recipe and if the coffee vibes move ya, you can grab a bag of our Whiskey No. 7 coffee here!