Let's Make Cold Brew!
Does the Summer heat make you second guess whether or not you should drink your warmly brewed coffee? Of course not! Coffee is life! But, sipping on a refreshing cold brew could definitely make that delicious roast taste a little better. Today, we're here to help you create your own cold brew, using a French Press. All from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Water at room temperature (about 3 and 3/4 cups)
- French Press
- Favorite Coffee! About 2/3 a cup of coarsely ground beans. (medium-dark to dark roast work great for cold brew)
Let's get down to business!
- For a great cold brew, the correct coffee to water ratio is about 1:5 or 1:4 if you like it a little stronger.
- Simply add your 2/3 cup of coarsely ground beans to your French Press and then your water.
- Stir your coffee/water gently with a spoon to make sure all your coffee is completely submerged into the water.
- Now place your French Press (un-pressed) in the fridge for 12 hours. In comparison to the standard hot brewing methods, cold brewing replaces heat with time to achieve an adequate extraction.
- Lastly, after the (what seemed like forever) 12 hours is up, go ahead and slowly press the plunger down on your French Press, to separate the grinds from the water.
Simple, right? This is a great, quick method you could prepare anytime. Especially on a Sunday evening, giving you a little treat for your Monday morning! Because we all know how those go...
To help get you in the cold brew making, Summer spirit, we have curated an upbeat playlist on Spotify!
Ever drive along the coast, windows down, sipping cold brew, while your hand glides against the ocean breeze? Well, this playlist is a little like that! We hope these up beat tunes accompany you along your cold brew making/sipping adventures this Summer!
Sip on coffee lovers!