Know someone who likes to relax with a delicious coffee? Perhaps this gift idea may be perfect for them!
Coffee scrub is good for
Diminishing the appearance of cellulite
Tighten and tone the look of your skin
- As an exfoliant
What You’ll Need:
- Coffee - 3 tablespoons finely-ground coffee ( We used recycled grounds)
- Oil - 2 tablespoons oil (We used melted coconut oil)
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon sugar
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Stir all ingredients together until combined. Store in a sealed jar for up to 2 months.
2. Coffee Scented Beard Oil
Looking for the right gift for the burly man in your life? Maybe something that’ll remind him of you and his favorite morning beverage? Coffee scented beard oil to the rescue!
What You’ll Need:
- Essential Oils (Essential oils are extremely potent. Be careful when mixing not to overpower and ruin an entire batch of beard oil.)
- Eye Dropper
- Glass Graduated Cylinders
- 1oz Amber Bottle (highly recommend, as it will protect if from harsh UV rays and preserve the quality of the oil much longer)
- Labels (Gives your creation a little more detail and a personalized touch.)
1. Sterilize Your Storage Bottles.
Do this by tossing them into water and bringing it into a boil. Remove with the tongs and dry thoroughly with a paper towel.
2. Create Your Base Carrier Oil Blend.
Use a funnel to fill the glass graduated cylinder to portion out the proper amount of carrier oils to complete your base oil.
3. Fill Your Bottle.
Remove top from your now sterilized (amber) bottle. Use funnel to fill bottle with your carrier base oil.
4. Add The Essential Oils Into The Bottle.
Be extremely careful here! Different beard oil recipes call for different amounts and even one extra drop will have a dramatic affect on the note of your oil.
- ⅓ oz JoJoba Oil
- ⅓ oz Arian Oil
- ⅓ oz Grape Seed Oil
- 4-5 Drops Coffee Essential Oil
- 2-3 Drops Mint Essential Oil
- 2-3 Drops Chocolate Essential Oil
5. Shake The Bottle To Allow The Oils To Mix.
3. Coffee Toffee
Image Source - recipegirl.com
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1 cup (170 grams) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (70 grams) toasted Diamond of California chopped hazelnuts (or nut of your choice)
- Line a small sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan set over medium high heat, combine the butter, sugars, molasses, salt and espresso. Stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Insert a candy thermometer and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until it reaches 250 degrees F. Then stir constantly until mixture reaches 300 degrees F.
- Immediately pour the mixture out onto the prepared sheet pan and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Scatter chopped chocolate over the toffee and let sit a few minutes until melted, then use the offset spatula to spread it evenly over the toffee. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
- Let sit until toffee is set, about an hour. If desired, pop it in the freezer to speed up the process, about 15 minutes Use a knife to break it into pieces.
4. Coffee BBQ Spice Rub
The perfect gift for the dad who loves grillin'!
What You'll Need:
(Yields 1/2 a Cup of Seasoning Mix)
- 2 tablespoons ground organic coffee
- 2 tablespoons organic turbinado or other large granulated sugar*^
- 1 tablespoon organic smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons organic granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons organic onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons organic paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons organic orange peel (use 1 if pre-dried, 2 if fresh)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and store in an air-tight jar or glass container, for up to six months.
How To Use It:
This rub is great on beef, pork, and chicken! Apply it generously and allow it to flavor the meat for at least 15 minutes before grilling, baking, or broiling.
5. COCONUT MOCHA QUINOA GRANOLA
Image Source - sunnysideups.org
Need something to munch on this holiday season? This is a great healthy snack/gift idea for co-workers, friends or even yourself! You don't have to feel guilty eating this yummy treat!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut, divided use (either sweetened or unsweetened is fine)
- ½ cup Honey (or use ¾ cup Honey for a sweeter granola)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil (measure in liquid state)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules
- ½ teaspoon Coconut Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt (or 1 teaspoon for a saltier flavor)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine Honey, melted Coconut Oil Cocoa Powder, Instant Coffee, Coconut Extract, and Salt. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until you can easily stir ingredients together; mix well.
- Add in Oats, Quinoa, and ½ cup shredded Coconut, and stir well until everything is coated with the wet mixture.
- Divide mixture between the pans, and spread into a flat layer.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes, until golden, stirring/flipping halfway through baking time.
- Immediately after removing from oven, sprinkle remaining ½ cup coconut over granola, but do not touch or stir the granola. Allow granola to cool untouched for 15-20 minutes on the pan. This will help the granola crisp up and form clusters. Carefully break granola apart into clusters.
- Once granola has cooled fully, store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes 4-5 cups.
Is homemade just not for you and you're still looking for that perfect gift, for your coffee loving friend? Don't worry! We've got you covered. Looking for coffee inspired apparel, delicious flavored coffee, or funny mugs? Well you can now rest at ease.